Good day for Chance!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

rnor1120

Good day for Chance!

Post by rnor1120 »

I've just now discovered that there is more than the "Advice" section :roll: .

So I figure, why not share a little success. Chance had a really good day being a satellite at the obedience class. There was only one other dog that showed up, a very rambunctious, very large puppy. I thought for sure the way the puppy was jumping and rolling and barking he'd have issues with her, so I started out pretty far back and took my time moving a little closer. I didn't push my 10-ft rule, and he did wonderfully. The other dog actually (play) lunged at him getting within 6-ft, but he didn't react at all! Just kept walking and waiting for me to give him cheese. He did react to her jumping and moving around once or twice, but nothing like the lunge-fests I'm used to. I was actually able to recall him without tugging or pulling, just my voice :D .

HE EVEN LAYED DOWN AND STAYED AND WATCHED A MAN AND HIS DOG GO JOGGING BY WITHOUT REACTING AT ALL! This is a first for Chance! He usually goes nut for dogs running around. This is one of those days I wish I could videotape and show it to people who believe that ALL fighting pits (and all breeds for that matter) can't be rehabbed and have to be euthanized. I'm not by any means trying to make an example out of my dog, but I hope one day he can make believers out of nay-sayers.
dontpugme

Re: Good day for Chance!

Post by dontpugme »

That's AWESOME!!!! :D

rnor1120 wrote:I've just now discovered that there is more than the "Advice" section :roll:
We have a really cool "General Chat" section too!
--dontpugme
jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

I bet you feel really proud. Rightly so :D
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Good stuff! :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

"I'm not by any way trying to make an example out of my dog..."

Actually, this is a little bit what this section is for! :mrgreen: Good job, and GO CHANCE!!! :mrgreen:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.