hi all

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

hi all

Post by meggit »

its been an age since i posted anything i do apoligise but its been a busy time here with one thing and another, i just thought i would give you an update on buddy,me and OH, Well buddy is no longer a horrible teenager and is growing up to be a wonderfull dog, he has free run of the house when we go out and we have no problems at all he is fantastic with all my grandchildren and loves to be in there with them playing, but kids and buddy know that his bed is a no go area to any one else so he can escape them if he wants or needs to, still havnt managed to stop him trying to lick me to death though, he loves his training times and can do alsorts of things now and his recall is fantastic now, hes still reactive to other dogs but its so much better than it was and im more aware now of things around us so we can shoot off in another direction if need be>
MY biggest breakthrough though has to be the OH hes now seen what positely training does and now follows the way i say to do things which is so great (we do still have the odd moment but hey no training is perfect lol )
All in all thaks to you wonderful patient people i have a wonderfull dog that is an absoulte delight to us and is adored, and is a very happy and contented member of my family
a big thankyou to all :)
Mattie

Re: hi all

Post by Mattie »

That brought a few tears, well done, all your hard work has paid off. We can only give you ideas to try, you have to do the work. You have also achieved a lot more than you think by converting your partner, they are much harder to train than any dog. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
meggit

Post by meggit »

too true mattie i think i shed more tears over the fact that OH wouldnt listen than i did when buddy wouldnt listen lol
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

way to go meggit. this is a huge success. Buddy is very lucky to have you. nice work on on the OH too. the OH half "training issues" aren't limited to the males of the species, my wife can be a bit uncooperative about somethings, and just plain doesn't get others and won't fully 'trust' me that I might know what I am talking about....even after hours and hours of research on my part, combined with the progress jack is clearly showing :? :lol:

so ya, you have much to celebrate. wine and chocolate for buddy and fresh chicken for you....errr better make that the other way around :lol: :lol:
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Jacksdad is right, it's not just the males. L and I have come a long way with her agreeing to my suggestions. (Then again, I also changed my approach toward it, so that has helped!)

Congrats on all your successes and more to come! :D
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Way to go, Meggit! :D With the work you've put in training Buddy, you're now reaping the rewards! :D

Unfortunately, it is the people we live with we need to train as they don't listen to what we're teaching or telling them! :evil: It isn't the "Battle of the Sexes" either; it is that "Selective Hearing" thing that goes around! :roll:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown