East Side Manhattan show

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

NewMilfordian

East Side Manhattan show

Post by NewMilfordian »

What the hell was the purpose of this show? Please tell me that is was a "one-up", and not the path Victoria will be taking. I felt very badly for Ginger; a posh life is not necessarily how a dog should live. The owner was just abysmal and clue less.
starlioness

Re: East Side Manhattan show

Post by starlioness »

yeah, I agree .. Jill was a complete ditz.. I mean come on.. Ginger looked like a fat rat rather than a small dog.. :p.. and what was that one lady saying to jill that she should to ginger before the massage? I remember it ended with Jill saying .. who needs a dog trainer? .. this lady is definitley on my hit list.. :p
NewMilfordian

Post by NewMilfordian »

Oh right. Also, did you hear one of the friends at the party say to Victoria "we should do a fundraiser for you"?
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

I'm more worried about BOTH Victoria and Ginger's owner. I know not everything is shown on TV, which is why I'm commenting on what I have seen and if there's an explanation for this, I welcome it. :)

Dislikes:

* "Claim your space at the door way" and "stand your ground while dog growls" ***seem*** to be rip offs of Cesar Millan (especially the first one). I know Victoria has recommended body-blocking in the past for doorways, but why the need for the Dog Whisperer buzz words (not that I have anything against the man or his show)?

* "Victoria's Show Secrets" weren't educational and I prefer her training secrets where I actually learned something.

*Ginger (and Jill echoed) signaled--shaking, tongue flicks, practically burying herself in her purse kennel--that she didn't like the water in the hydrotherapy. I'm surprised that Victoria didn't suggest desensitization (or something to make it more pleasant) to help her before she did the therapy. Aren't the dogs supposed to go through a good vet check before going on the show? (I recall a dog being found with heart worm because of this.)

*The show seemed to be lose its focus on dog training, more about Jill's high life.

*Ginger did great with the clicker training! She did much better the "back" cue and her barking stopped quickly. :) Smart girl!

*Victoria picking up Ginger's signals and introduction of hydrotherapy.
delta

Post by delta »

I was very disappointed in this show as well. What was that. The dog wasn't being treated like a dog, and Victoria wasn't her normal no nonsense person. I may take this off my Tivo.