Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

LoudSilence

Re: Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Post by LoudSilence »

How shallow to even care. Victoria is my hero. You people complaining need a life .
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Clothes schmoze... I don't care what she wears, From the very first episode I watched to the latest, it is her uncanny ability to 'communicate' with the dogs that astounds me. Her training methods are superior to any other I've seen, and her undying love of them is unsurpassed by anyone. I do wish she'd get rid of the red VW and go back to the black Vets and Porches :wink: (I know her own vehicle is a truck/van)
I've seen the look in dogs eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.
--John Steinbeck
Lastminute Girl

Post by Lastminute Girl »

I don't understand what you mean by tricking us. If there was zero time elapsed then why aren't the family members wearing their same outfits?
mustlovdoggs

Post by mustlovdoggs »

The person that wrote this post has not been back after posting it. If sorry for the dogs he or she may have. We do not care what Victoria has on, I just care about what she has done for animals in her life time. What has that person done to make this world a little better? Get to know Victoria Read about every thing she has done and then say something about what she has on or anything eles that is not about animal care. Sorry didn't mean to be an a_ _.
I wished I was the person my dogs thinks I am.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Mattie has a good point about the consistency in presentation. Even further, when working with shy creatures who are new to me I make certain never to change shampoo or soaps as well. We present as a total package, especially to creatures
who rely on establishing identity with scents instead of a handshake and a name. The 'who are YOU!" reactions I got when I atually wore perfume one day was outright funny, but I was sorry to have confused the creatures so badly. (That tip came from a man who works in big cat rescue.)

Secondly, the consistency in appearance also helps with immediate 'character identification' to viewers. Sorry to lump you into that group, Victoria, but if that's what is happening, it has a long history in writing for television. Yes, I know we are all clever enough to know which person on the screen is Victoria, but those who produce television shows can be remarkably inflexible over the strangest things. Just think about how often the Cartrights changed their appearance <G>
braeraphael

Post by braeraphael »

You know, when I work with dogs, I find myself wearing a lot of the same clothes. Think, how do dogs great one another? Through smell. So I think Victoria wearing the same outfit is quite brilliant. The dog can recognize Victoria, and think, "Hey, I know that smell!" and not get stressed. Victoria just might have a special wardrobe just for her job. I know I do. And what is the deal with her wearing gloves when she drives? What kind of lame question is that? Who cares? My grandma used to wear driving gloves because her hands would be too smooth to get a proper grip on the steering wheel. Victoria owns a convertible, and when the steering is exposed to the hot sun, I'm pretty sure the thing is hot to touch. Especially if you're out shooting all day. Good grief. Really people?
braeraphael

Post by braeraphael »

whoops. i mean greet, not "great" one another.
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

whats wrong with her clothes?!! seriously!!!! her clothes r awesome!!! i dont c anything wrong with her clothes!!!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

On her twitter account, she said "just maintains continuity and is the uniform for that particular episode."
http://twitter.com/itsmeorthedog
--dontpugme
MeganSLP

Post by MeganSLP »

If you notice, most reality based shows have people wearing the same outfit. Trading Spaces used to do that. The host and designers all wore the same outfit so that way, they could splice the 2 days interchangeably. And no, it wasn't to deceive people. It was because if something happened on day 3 that fit in better with footage from day 2 then they could edit it that way.

I'm a therapist (SLP--hence the SN) and I wear the same outfit everyday. Part of it s because I get body fluids on me and I'm exposed to infectious diseases while at work and I don't want to wear those clothes out in the community. The other part is I don't want to have to think about what I'm going to wear that early in the morning. :lol:

I could care less what Victoria wears and I love fashion. I love my dog more and am more interested in seeing what tricks/tips I can pick up to put to use on my Frenchie!
RoseTyler

Post by RoseTyler »

First off, the clothes shouldn't even be an issue. THE SHOW IS ABOUT HELPING YOU, HELPING PEOPLE get educated about the dogs and their behaviors! Even if she was there for an hour, she is still teaching you the basic tools you need!! Common sense should tell you training takes TIME and dedication. You should NOT need a change of clothes to see that. My goodness.
Dogs are perfect at being dogs, people are perfect at screwing them up
Erica

Post by Erica »

thepennywhistle wrote:Secondly, the consistency in appearance also helps with immediate 'character identification' to viewers. Sorry to lump you into that group, Victoria, but if that's what is happening, it has a long history in writing for television. Yes, I know we are all clever enough to know which person on the screen is Victoria, but those who produce television shows can be remarkably inflexible over the strangest things. Just think about how often the Cartrights changed their appearance <G>
Example that immediately comes to mind - Doctor Who. The Doctor wears the same outfit (or at least the same coat/trousers) the entire run for that incarnation. It's always funny when he shows up in a different outfit.

However, I am glad to learn about the same-outfit thing as it concerns dogs. It makes tons of sense, though. :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

hipvilla wrote:I need some Wardrobe but how can i get ? Please tell me......
I spot a spammer... :wink:

An interesting observation about the importance of clothes to dogs: when I was young I had a Yorkie. When I went to university, she stayed at home with my parents. One day my aunt and uncle came to visit and the Yorkie, who by then was blind and deaf, was all over my cousin and seemed really excited to see her although they hadn't met that often at all. Eventually, my parents realised that my cousin was wearing a pair of cord trousers that had been passed down from me. Now, I can assure you these trousers had been washed, probably several times, since I'd last worn them, but that didn't fool the Yorkie. Well, it did fool her, I suppose... :lol:

I haven't seen Victoria's US shows :oops: Hubby is going to be devastated when I tell him she doesn't wear the tight black kinky stuff any more :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
reactive123gsd

Post by reactive123gsd »

yogie wrote:You are wearing the same outfit throughout the whole episode. We are supposed to believe that time has elapsed after you leave the family upon your initial visit and yet, when you return "one week later" or whatever the time frame, you are in the same clothes you were wearing when you see them.

I like your show - but I find it hard to believe anymore that the training miracles have taken place due to this. Your summaries and checkups from your house are also fake because again, you are wearing the same clothes. I would figure your director or producer or editor or even your wardrobe assistant would notice and do something about it. It will be much more believable if you use this form of trickery instead.
Yogie you are so rude, I guess you are jeallous because she is so beautiful! Anyways lots of dog trainers where the same clothes so it is easier for the dogs to reconize them. You got to see me when I train my dog, and take him out.... I am full of mud (dog prints everywhere), my hair is in a mess, I get stinky because of all of the dog treats, I wear the same clothes... I have jealous women rolling their eyes at me when I walk the street kinda like if I am a mess. The moment I get home, take a bath, get undressed, get ready and I go out to have fun with friends.... women are still rolling there eyes... and my husband get jealous of all the men staring at me.... so I don't really care if I have to impress anyone!
reactive123gsd

Post by reactive123gsd »

JudyN wrote:
I haven't seen Victoria's US shows :oops: Hubby is going to be devastated when I tell him she doesn't wear the tight black kinky stuff any more :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha that's funny!