Episode 302 - The Castle Goes to the Dogs (Jan 15)

Any time new episodes of It’s Me or the Dog are airing on Animal Planet in the US, Victoria will answer questions about that episode later that week. Post your questions to Victoria about the most recent episode here anytime.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

petmom

Re: Episode 302 - The Castle Goes to the Dogs (Jan 15)

Post by petmom »

I have to say that I am totally disappointed in both of these two latest episodes. It seems the producers have changed the format to be crazy reality TV and not good dog training. I believe it diminishes Victoria's reputation and you could put just about anyone in her position if all the network wants is Reality T.V.

Victoria, step up to the plate and get back to the real dog training for real people and not just eccentric rich people looking for publicity.
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

I thought it was a great episode - I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's nice to see something different now and then, though I've heard that it's going back to more seriousness next week. So I don't think people should give up on Victoria. Also, keep in mind that this show is in competition with even more outrageous reality shows that people are in to (re: Jersey Shore, etc...) - so it's got to be made interesting to pull in a bigger crowd. I still learned a lot from the show - even with all the "extra entertainment".

I DO have one question though - are we ever going to hear the entire rap that Victoria recorded? It sounded good! :D

Keep it up Victoria - I think you're doing a magnificent job!

P.S. I just purchased this episode from iTunes. :o
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Hi Victoria: I'd like to know why you didn't admonish these owners (particularly the woman) for putting clothes on the dogs & bathing them so much? In an episode last yr you told off an owner for putting pajamas on her dog.

Didn't you say clothing obscures the dog's body language to humans & other dogs?

I must say I am not used to this format the editors have created. I (and many others) prefer the old format where you work on the issues, give owners a few days to work on their own, then come back to tweak, and finally an update at the end. It was all about training & making dog/human relationship better. There's too much non instructive/constructive entertainment so far in season 3.

Will you ever do any more shows out of the UK in the future?
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

Hi Victoria!
First of all I have to say best episode ever!! I thought it was hilarious and entertaining!! But i wish u could have added a little more dog training. OMG the little pig was soooo cuteeee!! <3 You rapped amazingly!! was thEre training u did with doodle with the poopeating that was edited out?
Last edited by sj96skittles on Wed May 11, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
koby10

Post by koby10 »

I'm still not sure what these new episodes are trying to accomplish. Yes, some parts of each show were funny and light hearted but most of the time I was just horrified to see someone who has such commanding presence put into some very awkward situations! The whole format of each show was just very disjointed. Seems like they just moved from one problem to another at lightening speed and then mixed in stupid over the top lifestyle scenes of each family. I do realize that all dog trainers run into these kinds of clients so seeing some of this was very informative but enough is enough, lets move on. I have loved this show since Victoria was just filming in the UK and I'm so hoping this show gets back on track. By the way what happened to the 4th dog in this family? We never saw it after the first part of the show.
atarashi2011

Post by atarashi2011 »

I had great respect for Victoria because she didn't put up with things such as ridiculous clothes for dogs, etc. She was always very focused and serious about training. But these last two episodes were really disappointing. I really like the old british episodes, they are much more useful. I hope things will improve, because I bought the season pass and I am starting to regret it.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

I'm hoping the next episodes will go back to normal. I really thought we would see New Yorkers like me who are normal, don't carry our dogs in bags and wear stilettos to hang out at home in our castles.

It's just two episodes down, so I'm hoping for the best in the future.

As for the JRT according to Victoria's Twitter: "Styles the JRT was not well so we kept him away for most of the filming".
NewMilfordian

Post by NewMilfordian »

I am wondering if Melissa had more than two cut off tops and Daisy Dukes :lol: Now that they are engaged, I am wondering how soon she will be pregnant.

I, too, felt that the first two shows have been fluff and while probably fun to shoot, if these were the first two eipisodes every, they would be the last two that I would watch.