Roxy English Bulldog 8/17/10 repeat

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

Roxy English Bulldog 8/17/10 repeat

Post by OhioRuthie »

I'm watching reruns to catch up on what I've missed since I just started watching IMOTD. I can not get over the nerve of the so called friend who wants this family to rehome Roxy. I've NEVER had a person I called a friend that would EVER say such things. What a witch (you have no clue the word I'd like to use and no it doesn't sound like the one I chose) First I don't take dogs with me when I visit unless asked and second I have a situation with my crew that requires me to visit friends instead of them coming here...everyone understands this and is very supportive. I would have told that woman to keep her fat arse at home and get the hell out of my house. I dislike idiots...For this lady to have the nads to say her friend should give up Roxy...she wouldn't be a friend of mine..the kids could play together but I'd never let that woman in my house again..she obviously doesn't respect the family anyway. :evil:

I really don't get it...I guess my friends just have better manners and care too much about me to be so obnoxious. I have a couple of people who think I'm crazy for not putting down my brain damaged dog that sometimes bites me...but they always ask how he's doing and never say anything mean...they worry about my safety but aren't rude about it. They've even invited him to their house as long as I keep him muzzled (which I always do when he's out of the house for the safety of all). Roxy didn't even start out with issues as bad as my Mozart. I feel bad for Roxy's family..I hope they have better friends than the one we saw on the show! Too bad Roxy couldn't bite the witch's arse without getting into trouble! :evil:
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
Zeldacorgi

Re: Roxy English Bulldog 8/17/10 repeat

Post by Zeldacorgi »

I'm willing to bet that she was asked to bring her dog over so that Victoria could see how Roxy reacted to another dog. If she is they type of person to bring a dog over unannounced, then yes, that's rude. I don't agree with her, but I can also see why she has her concerns. She has a kid who plays in that house, and she raised some very valid questions. How can Victoria guarantee that Roxy won't redirect her aggression onto the children or people? I also think because the owner of Roxy has turned to so many different people on training advice, she probably also turned to her friend for advice...and getting rid of Roxy was her friend's advice.

We all know in the end after a good deal of training, the friend started to come around and felt better about leaving her daughter there to play with Roxy. Hopefully Victoria was able to put everyone at ease with her answers and the training tips she provided.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

The fact she would listen to anyone that told her to hurt a puppy to train him proves she's not very bright and no wonder she has the kind of friends she does.

I really truly don't get how anyone would think hurting a dog will 'train' it......its like that Milgrams experiment where people shocked others even if they didn't want to because they were told to by an authority figure..but they weren't really shocking people...some sadist made a lot of money off these shock pet products.

This kind of thing really takes the sunshine out of my mood.

My websites:

dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

It was episodes like these which gave me the idea to write my persuasive essay on banning shock collars. Now it is the start of a new school year and I'm really excited because the teacher said that most of our writing his year is going to be persuasion. I'm already starting to think of some topics. :lol:
--dontpugme
leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

dontpugme wrote:It was episodes like these which gave me the idea to write my persuasive essay on banning shock collars. Now it is the start of a new school year and I'm really excited because the teacher said that most of our writing his year is going to be persuasion. I'm already starting to think of some topics. :lol:
I'd love to read any you're willing to share. :D
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

This is really the problem - dog owners who don't know any better trusting people who seem to know their stuff. These people aren't dumb; they're just misguided. People still believe "Spare the rod, spoil the child." Why not in dog training as well? I try not to dwell on this as much as I just try to talk to people I meet on the street who compliment my dog (when he's having a good day, and they wouldn't know any better!) and ask if I trained him myself, etc. etc.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I am always getting told I have too many dogs and I should "Get rid" of some, when I got Dolly they were horrified at me getting another. It is my life I do with it what I want, if I prefer dogs to a man then that is my choice, these same people keep wanting me to "Have a man", for the first time in my life I don't have to consider anyone else, only my dogs and my self, life is wonderful as long as I am not loosing any of my dogs. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Mattie wrote:I am always getting told I have too many dogs and I should "Get rid" of some, when I got Dolly they were horrified at me getting another. It is my life I do with it what I want, if I prefer dogs to a man then that is my choice, these same people keep wanting me to "Have a man", for the first time in my life I don't have to consider anyone else, only my dogs and my self, life is wonderful as long as I am not loosing any of my dogs. :lol:
How many dogs do you have? What breed are they?

My websites:

Mattie

Post by Mattie »

At the moment I have 3, Bonnie Lab/Collie, Tilly, Greyhound/Belgian Malinois and Dolly, Working Cocker/Dachshund, all rescue. In the last 11 months I have lost 4 old, sick dogs, Gracie, Staffy/Cairn was first to go at 17.5 years old, she had a stroke. Next was Joe, Whippet/JRT, 15 years old and had brain damage thanks to his previous owners, he heart gave up. Merlin went 5 weeks after Joe, Greyhound, 9.5 years old who had renal failure but couldn't live without Joe. Last was my little Staffy girl Ellie, age unknown but ex breeding ***** who had a lot of health problems including a tracheotomy in.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Mattie wrote:At the moment I have 3, Bonnie Lab/Collie, Tilly, Greyhound/Belgian Malinois and Dolly, Working Cocker/Dachshund, all rescue. In the last 11 months I have lost 4 old, sick dogs, Gracie, Staffy/Cairn was first to go at 17.5 years old, she had a stroke. Next was Joe, Whippet/JRT, 15 years old and had brain damage thanks to his previous owners, he heart gave up. Merlin went 5 weeks after Joe, Greyhound, 9.5 years old who had renal failure but couldn't live without Joe. Last was my little Staffy girl Ellie, age unknown but ex breeding ***** who had a lot of health problems including a tracheotomy in.
Sorry for your losses...I lost my old ones within months of each other..I know it never gets easier. :cry:

Wow you had a 17 year old dog..didn't think they could ever live that long...sounds like they were/are all lucky to have you! :D

My websites:

Newfiesmum

Post by Newfiesmum »

OhioRuthie, I posted almost exactly the same comment on another forum after I saw that episode. This "friend" hoped that Victoria would agree with her that the dog should be given up because she was convinced the dog would attack her daughter, even though she was in no way people aggressive. If anyone suggested that about my dogs, they would never set foot in my house again.

I have friends who are not dog people, but who put up with being slobbered over (and mine can drool for England!) because they want to come and see me. I have one friend who has never had a dog and got very nervous when Joshua was going through his randy stage and looked quite manic, following me about barking at me. But it didn't stop her coming back.

With friends like these, you don't need enemies!
If you want real love, buy a dog
http://www.gentle-newfoundland-dogs.com