Un-Adoptables Episode

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Doglover42

Un-Adoptables Episode

Post by Doglover42 »

This episode was so heartwarming!!! It's amazing what you can do with a little help!
I wanted to adopt Georgia so badly!! :lol:
Zeldacorgi

Re: Un-Adoptables Episode

Post by Zeldacorgi »

I'm watching the end of the episode on my tivo, and I'm balling my eyes out. I love when they do "special" episodes like this.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Me too!!! I'm just so happy they're adopting out dogs its so wonderful
shybird

Post by shybird »

I watched it last night and it brought tears to my eyes. I am now very impressed with Lowes. :D
Myia
Don't buy,while shelter pets die.
Ban irresponsibility,not breeds.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

I know right, a quarter of a million dollars wow!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Thank you so much of what you do, Victoria! This episode should get the message out! Unfortunately, it takes more than that. Until a person witnesses animals being euthanized, this message gets across, and until that time, many animals have already died. :cry:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

(I agree with Doglover42 on this one)

Doglover42 wrote:
This episode was so heartwarming!!! It's amazing what you can do with a little help! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
clancysollynikki

Post by clancysollynikki »

This was a great episode.

I wasn't surprised by the fact that they had 3200 names in their volunteer database but so few who actually were involved. I was the volunteer coordinator for a once a month feral cat spay/neuter clinic and had about 400 names on my list but it was the same 20 or so people who showed up each month. I would send out the email about 10 days before each clinic and ask that people who did intend to come reply. I often had to send a second request a few days before each clinic because I would have only 5 to 8 positive replies and that was not enough to handle 70 to 100 cats in one day.

My humane society has about 50 or 60 members on the books but only half a dozen who carry most of the weight. We're a foster based group (waiting for my dogs to come up with the winning lottery numbers so we can build a shelter :mrgreen: ) with far too few foster homes and our policy is just two dogs per foster home unless it's a mom and pups, but the reality is that most have 4 or more dogs at any given time.

I hope the renewed momentum at the Atlanta PAWS shelter will not fade away in a few months and that the community will stay involved.
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

i really liked this episode!!! it was such a HUGE eyepener!!! i love u victoria!! u are such a role model to me <3
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

i was soooooo happy that victoria got lowes to donate a quarter of a million dollars to paws atlanta!!! they made the shelter sooooooo much better 4 the animals!! i also liked the adoption fair :)
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

This episode was a HUGE eyeopener!! Victoria is such a great insperation and she never gives up. I really enjoyEd seeing her helping the paws Atlanta staff make amazig improvements to the shelter. Victoria keep up the great work!!! U r amazing!!! <3
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

I really enjoyEd seeing her helping the paws Atlanta staff make amazig improvements to the shelter.
Yeah it really was so great!! <3
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

clancysollynikki wrote:This was a great episode.

I wasn't surprised by the fact that they had 3200 names in their volunteer database but so few who actually were involved. I was the volunteer coordinator for a once a month feral cat spay/neuter clinic and had about 400 names on my list but it was the same 20 or so people who showed up each month. I would send out the email about 10 days before each clinic and ask that people who did intend to come reply. I often had to send a second request a few days before each clinic because I would have only 5 to 8 positive replies and that was not enough to handle 70 to 100 cats in one day.

My humane society has about 50 or 60 members on the books but only half a dozen who carry most of the weight. We're a foster based group (waiting for my dogs to come up with the winning lottery numbers so we can build a shelter :mrgreen: ) with far too few foster homes and our policy is just two dogs per foster home unless it's a mom and pups, but the reality is that most have 4 or more dogs at any given time.

I hope the renewed momentum at the Atlanta PAWS shelter will not fade away in a few months and that the community will stay involved.
That's sad. People do have the best intentions and then things get in the way, whether it's everyday life stuff or just plain laziness.

I liked this episode too. Heartwarming stuff. I wonder if anyone from PAWS is on the board and can give us some updates?
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

I did talk them on Facebook, you can ask them if they want to join the forum! If you don't have a Facebook then I can do it if you want! :)