Double Trouble

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Doglover42

Double Trouble

Post by Doglover42 »

New episode tonight called Double Trouble :D

'Victoria Stilwell helps the Polish family with their two out of control Dobermans, who are locked in isolation to prevent them from destroying the house.'
dontpugme

Re: Double Trouble

Post by dontpugme »

I liked how the twins found picking up poop "fun" :mrgreen: :lol:
--dontpugme
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

:lol: yeah and I loved how enthusiastic they were!
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

I have never before wanted to badly to reach through the television
screen and steal someones dogs before, but while watching the mom
with the dobermans I wanted nothing more than to bring them home
with me. Someone who can simply turn a dog loose on a street because
it won't do as they've asked, or abandon a dog wearing leash and
headcollar to get caught up in things really upsets me. I'm glad that
Victoria was able to patiently work with this woman, and I am more
impressed than ever with her ability to redirect some owners gently,
especially this one without letting Mom completely shut down. This
would have been more than I could have coped with. I am impressed
that at least some harmony could be created between Mom and Berkley
(certainly not restored, as there was none to begin with).

They are such sweet and beautiful dogs, and I hope the twins continue
to enjoy them. They deserve better than they had when this show
started out.

And they left Victoria to cope with their yard, and then HIRED PEOPLE to pick
up? :shock: :roll:
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

I completely agree. Her comment of "Why do what I can hire others to do" made me really mad. I mean, yes, I'd rather not have to pick up dog poo and I wish like crazy I could afford to hire a maid to come clean my house twice a month, but I definitely don't have the attitude of "I'm too good to do it."
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

Me 2. What's so hard about picking up dog poop? It's not that time consuming. I think they shouda paid victoria 4 picking up all the poop in the Bkyrd ( kudos to u Victoria) i thought it was so nice that the twins Wanted to help and they thought pickng poop was fun. In the end the 2 dog owners r paying for the person they hired to clean up their dogs poop
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

THE TWINS COULD PICK UP THE POPP DAILY AS THEY GET HOME FROM SCHOOL--THEY HAD A SCOOPER & SINCE THE BOYS ENJOYED IT, IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE TO GIVE THEM THAT CHORE. HAVING THE SERVICE COME WEEKLY ISN'T GOING TO HELP AS THE DOGS/BOYS NEED TO PLAY IN YARD EVERYDAY. SO WHAT ARE THEY PLAYING IN A POOPY YARD 6 DAYS OF THE WEEK OR JUST GOING PLAY WITH BERKLEY 1 DAY A WK?????

I REALLY THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING T OBE AN EPISODE WHERE BOTH DOG GET RE-HOMED. THAT WOMEN DOESN'T DESERVE TO OWN A DOG!

(BTW I'M NOT YELLING CAP LOCK WAS ON & I DIDN'T WANT TO RETYPE :oops: )
Petsittingbyliz1

Post by Petsittingbyliz1 »

I have never been so angry watching this show. This woman in horrific and should not own dogs...cannot get over some of what came out of her mouth and her attitude. I can't believe how patient Victoria is. Some people should not have dogs. I just needed to vent! I feel for the dogs.
delta

Post by delta »

I too wanted to bring those dogs home. Having owned dobies for many years, they are dogs that have a zest for life as well as a sense of humor. These dogs appeared to be totally devoid of emotion, did anyone see them get happy or excited about anything. They were just shut down.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

I was so mad at the owner!!! She doesn't deserve dogs!!! :x
I was really surprised how Victoria coped with her until she understood it! :D
and the whole poopy backyard thing.. 'why do it when we have people do it for us' really!?!? are you that lazy? your own sons would do it!! I can't believe Victoria had to do it herself :o !!
Those dobermans were so beautiful I wanted them :lol:
bmbutler

Way to Go Victoria

Post by bmbutler »

I almost stopped watching this episode because the Mother made me so mad. I also could not believe the Dad. He was not involved at all and left everything to her. :x I too was expecting these dogs to be re-homed.

I have two dogs now. A 3 year old (Blackie) and a new 6 mo old stray (Misty). Blackie is a stubborn flat coated retriever and I training and housetraining Misty. Is it easy? no. Worth it? yes! And I know it will get better each day (already is!). If you can handle or don't want the responsibility, don't get a pet (dog, cat or any animal.) As much as I want every animal to have a home, they don't deserve to be mis-treated.
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

Sorry, I meant "can't" handle the responsibility.
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
1969sj

Post by 1969sj »

First of all I would like to say.. These dogs have a happier life then some people..
To make assumptions from a 1 hour based tv show that was cut & spliced more then you know is unbelievable!!
The accusations that many of you have made is quite dissapointing & disgusting. I feel you should all be ashamed of YOURSELVES!! Victoria can attest to the loving family that both Berkeley & Zeppelin have been growing up in..
All of you have no idea the situations that have occured in in our household which might have led to Berkeley not forming a great connection with Mom.. and you know what that was a story the producers chose not to tell..
They are looking for ratings.. A leash was dropped to go grab a piece of cheese not to abandon an animal outside..
A dog was walked and a huge bus of children appeared and the dog clammed up. Weighing in at 90 ibs Daddy had to come to help.. Would he have run home most certainly..
Mom's back couldn't take dragging him on this walk any further. A great, great editing piece having Dad come to the rescue. Our Dogs our OUR life next to our amazing young twin boys..
Rehome them? Most certainly not.. You missed the boat on this show.. We called Victoria to help us so the dogs would have an even better life so that the expert beyond expert could give us her stellar opinion & tips. If we did not care why go thru with all of that?
All of you need a reality check..
I am so dissapointed.. I will not let you ruin this experience for my family, my dogs.. I have to say so much wonderful footage wound up on the editing room floor.. So much of the twins, my husband.. Kind words I left for Victoria when I
was so sad & in tears she was leaving & thanking her.. Us as a family picking up poop

with the CREW in the backyard.. Yes ALL of us.. So much was left out.. So America give us a break and know that we really are good honest people.. You do not get more honest oh.. My remark about paying others to pick up..
I said that we are very pressed for time and if it means missing a sports practice or something at school or doing something with the boys.. I would much rather pay someone to do that and spend time with my children..
I give up other things in life to have that service and it is WEll worth every darn penny..
Next time one is so quick to type a comment think about it first because you might only be seeing part of the full picture.
Thank you.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Glad to see a family actually posting after being on the show!
Most of the audience understands that there is alot of editing. However when someone posts a comment its based on what we see in front on tv. We are in fact only seeing part of the picture. The editors chose not to tell a little more backstory and since the audience was never told misjudgments will be normal.

Obviously you love your dogs to seek help & expose your family on national tv. VS herself made remarks about the backyard & the way your family was portrayed made you all SEEM lazy/uncaring. That's how it came across the tv. The fact remains however that the backyard was overrun with dog poop (for whatever reason) To me (& many many others) boys that age are quite capable of taking care of it daily. It really only takes 5 mts with the scooper.2 boys/2 scoopers--done.
It just made me wonder if the poop is only picked up 1x a week how can the boys/dogs play the other 6 days?

Anyway, You were very lucky to be chosen from among thousands of entries. Your dogs are better for it, and I 'm sure the experience will be something you'll never forget. Best of Luck to you & your beautiful family. Give those gorgeous dobies an extra belly rub & heiny scratch :D 8)
1969sj

Post by 1969sj »

Thank you!! Will do!! Yes we are lucky considering we never sent a tape in. They said we represented the American "wholesome family"
Berkeley is soo much better. The dogs are both in our main family room where I could have never imagined them just hanging out & Berkeley & I are buddies. We hang out together.
She came in to our lives let's just say when tragedy had occured in the family and it's sad but we owed her a fresh start.. I felt like I owed her a new start bc as a puppy I missed out on that fantastic stage.. I had something way more important to deal with..
I am giving back to her what she missed. The boys love them
so. We had another Dobie for 13 years who is gone now.. They are amazing, beautiful animals.
It's sad they get a very poor reputation.
Zep lives for his belly rubs, Berkeley for her ears!!
We will take amazing care of them!! I tell them both every day they are my best friends and they are the sweetest animals that are living. It doesn't matter if others are scared of them I tell them because we know how loving & sweet they each are.
:)