Bella the Weim

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dobiemuse

Bella the Weim

Post by dobiemuse »

I just caught the show, but missed the very beginning, so I don't know if they said where they lived, but they did state where they got Bella. I was quite upset because not too far away I know of some very good breeders. Yes, they are my friends, but they are my friends because of how throughly we both interviewed each other before getting our weim.

Not only was I upset that there was a bad breeder of weims so close by my friends, but they are back yard breeders!

Guess this show was a huge reminder that you must also interview the breeder as much as you should expect to be interviewed by them as well.

If back yard breeders do not get money, it would no longer be profitable for them to continue their awful behavior that results in so many dogs being destroyed.

Kudos to Victoria for making sure this issue was pointed out in this episode!!

Kudos also to GOOD breeders that care where their dogs go!
radiantkd

The Weimeraner Breeding

Post by radiantkd »

Yah, I LOVED Victoria's comments on selecting a breeding. I have bred Goldens...very carefully and thoughtfully and man, I required the people to visit me, visit the parents, and visit the puppies a number of times before I would agree to their getting a pup. I WANTED people to see the parent temperaments and the puppies with the litter.

Yah, for national commentary on all this.

kathleen
Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.
Author, Potatoes Not Prozac