What happened to Peanut Butter, the dog?

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DawnStorm

Re:

Post by DawnStorm »

Victoria wrote:Just to let you all know that Peanut Butter is in a great place where she will receive the time and attention she needs until she can find her forever home. I never recommend re-homing unless I know there is little hope of the dog leading a happy and fufilling life in the home that it is in at the time. It is difficult to see in an hour show all of the complexities of the issue but believe me - this was not the right home for this amazing dog - her behavior was spiraling out of control and the family did not have the time or the inclination to really work with her. She was a forgotten and unhappy dog and if I hadn't suggested re-homing her would have remained a forgotten and unhappy dog - and TV show or not - I am not going to leave a dog in those circumstances. PB is with people who understand her and will never give up on her, and we will all make sure she finds a good home however long it takes.

ALL RIGHT!!!

I often wonder what ends up on the cutting room floor. :wink: Training is an ongoing thing, a work in progress, etc.
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
Laura Elina

Re: What happened to Peanut Butter, the dog?

Post by Laura Elina »

Hi Victoria! Has Peanut Butter found a home already? How is she doing?

Laura
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

It must be so frustrating to know how to help a dog, have people who say they will do 'whatever it takes for ___', but then won't make the effort to do it. There are times that I am growling at the people on the screen during her shows, and I'm only a spectator. it must take tremendous self control not to throttle someone at least once in a while .

Glad to hear that Peanut Butter is safe and cared for and about. We need hear about those happy endings to offset the sad tales that are all too common.

Skye and the DD collie gang
joetraff

Post by joetraff »

I agree, he would be SUCH a great agility dog, he's the type of dog I want to adopt someday, but not until I don't have cats anymore. His dog aggression did not look like the type you can train out, it looked like the type that you simply learn to control on walks and when he sees other dogs, I don't think he should interact with dogs again. I know many terrier breeds with genetic dog aggression and when they see another dog they get sooooo excited, tail wagging and if they were aloud to meet the dog they would try and kill it. They really, really want to attack it, no fear involved at all. No guarantee that he was that case but he sort of looked like it.
Thanks