US Weimerheimer Episode

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dogsrgr8

US Weimerheimer Episode

Post by dogsrgr8 »

I watched this episode this past weekend and two of the issues hit home. The barking at the door and the dogs at the dining table. I was so amazed that I was inspired to try the dining table issue with my two Min Pins. I used my body and a calm voice and had them sit on the rug near the table, they were ansi but better than usual. The second time we ate that day I made them go in the living room (set up similar to the weimerheimer's house) and sit or lay on the couch. My male stayed on the couch seat my female layed on the arm. Tonight my husband and I tried it with dinner. My male stayed on the couch and my female challenged us two times. After the 2nd time she got off the couch and went into thier bedroom and layed in the bed. We were in SHOCK! We had a quiet dinner without constantly saying get off the chair, no get down, be quiet etc. Min Pins are like springs waiting to be sprung when food is around and we are just in SHOCK! THANK YOU THANK YOU for the Weimerheimer episode. Now, the door barking issue.....hmmmm baby steps. LOL