Weimaraner episode questions

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

lablver2

Weimaraner episode questions

Post by lablver2 »

The weim that was injured was named Hans right? If so, was he a foster of the family? According to the Atlanta Weimaraner Rescue Club website a dog named Hans was adopted out.
http://www.atlantalovesweims.org/happytails.htm

I was curious if I just missed something on this episode.

Also when Sky was shocked by the shock collar I could swear I heard her yelp. I was wondering if I wasn't just hearing things and if other people heard this too. I personally wouldn't doubt it as I absolutley hate shock collars and the use of them. How high was the stim also turned on? (Is that the word for it stim? I have never used them so I have no idea)

I loved the part of the episode where Victoria threw all those collars in the trash. I was cracking up. Being someone who used choke collars a long time ago and someone who still regrets it, I think those kind of collars have no place in the house. They should not be even used in my opinion.

I personally loved this episode as I have been in many heated debates on the use of shock collars and this episode I believe has just proven my point even more that they should not be used in training.

If there are any updates to this episode ( or the Sam/Sydney one, because I am in love with chocolate labs) I would love to see them as this was a great episode
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

That injured Weim's name is Hoss.

I don't know how to answer your second question, as I am currently stuck at my university (yay laptops) , far far away from my DVR. I'd have to rewatch it to see what you are talking about.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

I have no idea why I thought his name was Hans. Hmm.

Also yeah I could swear I heard her yelp and I have seen other videos with shock collars where the dog was in severe pain and had all signs of fear and discomfort and I just had a flashback to certain video. The yelp is very faint too in the clip but I swear I heard it.

Oh and I agree. Laptops are the best when not at home. I love mine.
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

I just rewatched the episode. I heard it, too. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a yelp or not, but it sure did sound like one. Hmm....
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

So I wasn't going out of my mind. I am hoping to hear more inside on this but I have only heard dogs bark like this when in pain and I always thought that was called a yelp.
Shepherds Rule

shock collars

Post by Shepherds Rule »

I just watched that episode. I also heard the yelp. I had a trainer use a shock collar on my G. Shepherd ONCE! She too yelped in pain. They are like torture devices. I would never use them.
horserider9067

Post by horserider9067 »

I've seen that episode and I think I heard her yelp too. I really hate shock collars I think that they are used by lazy dog owners who do not feel like or have the time to train their dog properly, so they take the "easy" way and get a shock collar. I was at a party at a friends house and I saw that her Westie had a shock collar on. It made me really angry but I didn't say anything.

I also like how she addressed the prong collar. It was good that she made the comparison that the neck is a more sensitive area than the arm, which is where most people test the collar. People should just get the gentle leader. It makes so much of a difference and causes no pain to the dog.
Disney Paws

Post by Disney Paws »

Yes, I heard a very loud yelp, and it was horrible to hear. How can anyone bear to hear their dog yelp like that, let alone know they're responsible for that? I don't understand why people use those, when they can go with the more positive alternative if they absolutely have to, known as barking collars which just vibrate when a dog barks, causing a lot less irritation.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Poor dog. I can't stand shock collars at all.