U.S. episode w/small aggressive dog & choc. lab (Sam?)

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emaleariel

U.S. episode w/small aggressive dog & choc. lab (Sam?)

Post by emaleariel »

Hello everyone!
This is my first post here, and I had a question about a (US) episode I watched last night. It was the show with the terrier who was aggressive toward a choc. lab (Sam?) a couple had adopted, despite a bad first meeting at a park. (Sorry, I can't remember the names of the dogs.)
My question is this: At one point Victoria is trying to explain the effects of stress on a dog using a chart on their refrigerator, & the girl is grinning & smiling. I couldn't figure out why she would take that information so (apparently) lightly. Was she just nervous, or am I missing something?

*** Kudos to Victoria, another hero for everyone to learn from & emulate, along with Steve Irwin (RIP), & Cesar Milan.
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

Well...I think that some people take different things rather differently. Like me, when I'm nervous or upset about something I start laughing. I don't know why, I just do. So maybe she was nervous while she was being told this? I dunno.
emaleariel

Post by emaleariel »

Thanks for your thoughts, I kind of thought maybe that was it too, or even that the camera guy was doing something silly, lol. I just kept thinking, "geeze, if someone were telling me that I was damaging my dogs' health, I would be devastated." But like you said, everyone handles different situations differently. The good thing is that they were able to work things out for everyone concerned, & that's what counts! Thanks again! :D