barking sounds different?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DogzRule1996

barking sounds different?

Post by DogzRule1996 »

hithere. I haven't been posting for a while now, but I'm back. Anyways, so we were gone on a cruise for a week and when we came home our Chigi, Sam, greeted us and acted all happy and fine like a normal dog, but he was shivering in the cold (normal right?). Just a while after, we heard his barking and it sounds different. A LOT different. To me it sounds like he's got a sore throat or something. It used to be a super ferocious low bark like a big dog's bark, but now it SOUNDS like he's straining to bark, even though he's not. It HAS been cold here lately in Texas, and the caretakers have been keeping him indoors lately, but occasionally he'll be left outside for about an hour or two because he wouldn't want to come in the house (he sometimes likes to sit outside with his nose stuck up in the air twitching and his eyes are half closed like he's dreaming about something). We just got back yesterday around 4PM, and we're not sure how long his bark has been like this because our neighbor went to Las Vegas and we weren't able to ask. Could it be just a sore throat and a cold?
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Re: barking sounds different?

Post by wvvdiup1 »

It could be anything, but I would have him checked out by a vet to make sure it is nothing really serious though.
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Wvvdiup1 wrote:
It could be anything, but I would have him checked out by a vet to make sure it is nothing really serious though.
I agree! You should have your dog checked out to make sure it is anything serious, Dogzrule1996! :D
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

He's starting to sound a lot better. The vet said just rest it and prevent him from barking a while to see if it gets better.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

That's good news, Dogzrules! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown