Been awhile..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

forkin14

Been awhile..

Post by forkin14 »

Sorry I haven't been on here in a long time..

Lot's of stuff going on.. But mainly, Chris&I are no longer together and have been fighting over Cadence..I haven't seen her in over a month :cry: It doesn't look like I'll be keeping her even though that was the original plan.. Even though I put in ALL the time time training and caring for her.. ugh. Things are not good right now :? And anxiety has been setting in since I'm so worried about her and how she's doing.. :(

Anyone ever go through something like this?
thepennywhistle

Re: Been awhile..

Post by thepennywhistle »

Oh, how awful for you to have to go through this! That is just heartbreaking. I am so
sorry to hear about Cadence being caught in the middle that way. But i thought Chris
didn't even feel brave enough to walk her? And now she wants total responsibility?
I guess you can never really predict what will happen when things change that
drastically.

Hang in there, and remember you have friends here, okay?
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

It seems Thepennywhistle has said it for all of us! I was wondering if she doesn't take the time to walk Cadence, I wonder how long before she ignores Cadence? Your heart is in the right place for the dog, Forkin14!
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oh no!

Im really sorry to hear this and you are welcome to come and chat here whenever, even if you don't end up wtih custody of Cadence!

FWIW - I would try and let things settle a little, and see if Chris realises what shes actually taken on there, and let HER figure out she can't handle Cadence - if you are the nice and reasonable one and say 'look any time you can't cope.... cal me', the chances are (fingers x), thats what will happen.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

forkin, sorry to hear things are rough right now. I hope things workout and get better.
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

Woops, sorry if I confused anyone, Chris is a guy lol

But thanks guys! I'm gonna try and play the nice card (for once) and see what happens.. I just hope she's okay and as sad as it sounds, I hope she's not "missing" me, in whatever sense a dog can "miss" someone so it's not hard on her :?
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I'm also so sorry to hear about you and Chris, and the Cadence thing,

Hopefully Chris will let you have her if you play the nice card.

Hang in there x
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

You have all of us here as friends, so any time you want a chat - do come and "see" us.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I am so sorry you are going through this, you have the support of us all here .
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

well there is always this option......no on second thought that would introduce you to the world LEOs from the wrong side :shock: . Maybe....no that's a bad idea too... :x How about...on second thought maybe the being the "nice guy" is your best option :D

Hang in there.