Some people...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

***Melissa***

Some people...

Post by ***Melissa*** »

This morning, as I arrived at the security gate at my work, I heard a dog barking and yelping. I went to investigate, and found a tiny tiny tiny puppy tied to the fence on a very thin rope - and the rope was very tight around her neck. :cry: She was not far from the security gate, and I asked the security guards whose puppy it is. They didn't know. They found her there when their shift started around 6:30am. They also heard her, but couldn't even go to give her water or nothing :evil: Which probably means she was tied to the fence the whole night. With no food, no water, no shelter. :cry:

I removed the rope from her neck, gave her some water, and ask them to keep her there with them for a while. (I work for an internasional auditing firm, and couldn't take her with me). They grabbed her by the neck and shoved her into a tiny room - I think it's their toilet. :evil: Anyway, I tried to tell them to handle her with care, but from the looks I got I knew I should shut up, because from their point of view they were doing me a huge favour keeping the puppy there. :roll: :evil:

There were stuff coming from both the puppies eyes, and it seemed there are stuff in her ears, and she's very thin. :cry:

So I called around, and one of my mom's friends said she'll take the puppy. She doesn't really want another dog, but she'll take her, and keep her untill she can found a permanent home for her. (Oh, I called the SPCA too, but I'd rather not even comment on how they didn't want to help).

My mom came to pick up the pupper, and take her to her friend. (The puppy was with the security people for about an hour.)

I don't know how people can do that :( The people who left the puppy there in the first place, the security people seeing the pup there and not helping, and all the people who drove by who heard the puppy (there is more than one office block in the security complex, so about 100 people drove by, stopped (you have to stop at the gate, open your window, and show your card), heard the pup, and didn't do anything.

Why are there so few people that care, and try to help?

I know the puppy is safe now, and has food, water, and whatnot. But I'm still crying. What did the puppy think the whole night she was left there in the cold, without water, food or shelter? And she was tied to the fence so she couldn't even go somewhere, and I think it rained last night at my work. She must have been so afraid and cold and hungry and everything. :cry: :cry: :cry:
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
MichelleD

Re: Some people...

Post by MichelleD »

Melissa: it makes me shake my head in wonder too ...

That puppy has a chance now thanks to you .. she's lucky that YOU were person #101 to come through that gate!
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Yep, Mr. Fundog and I both become literally sick to our stomachs whenever we think about what our sweet little Dottie must have suffered, chained up, abandoned, without food or water, for God only knows how long... and the fear and loneliness she must have felt....

It's best not to think about it. Both Dottie and "your" little puppy are safe now.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Amen to that Fundog and Melissa! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown