No other word but evil!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

No other word but evil!

Post by OhioRuthie »

Someone left some food in my yard yesterday...I'm glad I got to it before the dogs. We've had a problem in my neighborhood with people trying to poison dogs. One neighbor found ground beef with glass in her yard. I don't know if they are targeting Rotties..she has Rotties and my recent rescue is a Rottie mix. My Rottie mix is the one who alerted me to something going wrong..all the dogs had barked for just a minute and then liad down but not Riley...she started pacing franticlly..she was really aggitated so I thought maybe she had to go to the bathroom so I took her out by herself...Usually all four go out together so one of them would have gotten to it before I could. I have a fenced in yard so I can just open the door and let them go. I didn't see the food right away thank God I keep Riley on a leash regardless of the fence because she jumps..I could tell there was something on the food..it looked so gross I threw it away right away but thinking now maybe I should have saved it and called the cops. I've lost a dog once to a neighborhood poisoning years ago...I just don't understand what motivates these people. I'm so proud of Riley she just turned 8 months old and knew something was wrong..she's Rottie/Lab/Sheltie mix...here is a current photo.
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
Zeldacorgi

Re: No other word but evil!

Post by Zeldacorgi »

That is absolutely horrible! I'm glad everything turned out ok this time. I would go ahead and file a report with the police dept. even though you already threw the food away. They'll be able to monitor your area better if they know what's going on.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

The police said to call back if it happens again...I live in a small town and they have had an active week already..20something suicide, elderly attempted suicide, accidents...so I guess I'll just wait and hope it doesn't happen again.

My websites:

emumbert1

Post by emumbert1 »

That is so sick! I've heard about those kind of things happening, but never really thought much about it...until I read your post. I used to have a Rottie/Lab cross that was the kindest, gentlest dog ever. I can't even begin to think about someone poisoning him, just because he looked like someone's Hollywood idea of a "mean dog". I hope the police catch this jerk and punish him severely.

Stay vigilant!

Steve
Steve Benedict
Dog Respect

"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job." ~Franklin P. Jones
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

A little neighbor girl came over a few minutes ago when I had the dogs out..she heard me talking about what happened and she said there was a guy a older kid in my yard..she's 7 so it could have been a young looking adult who knows. She doesn't remember what he looks like but she saw him with food and run up into my yard and take off...so I know its a male. At least I have a witness if it happens again...not sure if the police with listen to a child this young or not but its a start.

My websites:

thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

OhioRuthie wrote: At least I have a witness if it happens again...not sure if the police with listen to a child this young or not but its a start.
Seven is the age of legal accountability and credibility (i.e., old enough to know
right from wrong, truth from imagination, and that lying is naughty). They are
old enough to be used as witnesses in court at that age, and be held legally
accountable for their actions, so I'd say you've found yourself a witness!

I'm so sorry that is happening in your neighborhood. There are some truly heartless,
evil people in the world, and it's truly frightening that they've targeted your dogs.
I hope you can continue your efforts to find these people and stop them. And congrats
to you for listening to your dog and finding the problem BEFORE somebody died.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

thepennywhistle wrote:Seven is the age of legal accountability and credibility (i.e., old enough to know
right from wrong, truth from imagination, and that lying is naughty). They are
old enough to be used as witnesses in court at that age, and be held legally
accountable for their actions, so I'd say you've found yourself a witness!

I'm so sorry that is happening in your neighborhood. There are some truly heartless,
evil people in the world, and it's truly frightening that they've targeted your dogs.
I hope you can continue your efforts to find these people and stop them. And congrats
to you for listening to your dog and finding the problem BEFORE somebody died.
Thanks for the info good to know I have a witness! Also I'm still amazed that a puppy would know something is wrong..she's a great girl. To tell you what kind of neighborhood I live in...she came from the neighborhood..someone beat the crap out of her for barking while tied out a witness told me all about it..horrible/merciless and later it was obvious for potty accidents too the way she'd duck and run when accidents were discovered. She's doing much better and wow she's smart!

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I hate it when people mistreat animals! :evil: This tells me that they aren't mentally balanced human beings. However, if this isn't stopped, this could lead to bigger problems in your neighborhood or town, because this could escalate to this man hurting, mistreating, or even killing humans! :shock:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
troop

Post by troop »

oh blimey how aful and scary.... :x :( so lucky you got to the food in time... similar problems here with shooting cats.we are rural so its adult farmers and landowners responsible instead of neutering they just drown or shoot unwanted animals its just so cruel. i hope you and your dogs stay safe xxx hugs xxx
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Thanks troop...that's awful what they are doing to cats in your area..I hope something changes there soon.

I made a remark about my neighborhood and I wanted to add...when I say neighborhood I'm talking surrounding blocks..but my immediate block is awesome. A couple of years ago I brought home a 10 year old german shepherd that had been shot/neglected,etc and was a bit underweight at 78 lbs. I had just introduced her to all the other dogs maybe with me an hour when the neighbors all came out..one brought her a new leash and collar..another a new rake comb..and others treats...people were incredible. I just wanted to clarify my statement because we do have some wonderful animal lovers in the neighborhood too...one couple took her for walks...my recent gallbladder surgery went without issue because of two wonderful neighbors one who took me to and from the hospital and another who kept an eye on the animals even though one of my dogs terrify her. So yeah good people mixed in with some of the crazy.

My websites: