Personal Trainer on Four Legs

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jacksdad

Re: Personal Trainer on Four Legs

Post by jacksdad »

dontpugme wrote:Most of the time, i eat quickly so i can get away from the table before my mom makes me do the dishes. (parents, feel free to use this fact to your advantage :) )
ummm, how to break this to you....we know, we know :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Dontpugme, I agree with Jacksdad when he said:
ummm, how to break this to you....we know, we know
I do the same, or at least, try to! :roll: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

I've got that one solved: dish duty has been permanently assigned to son #2. However, he doesn't have to start on them until 9:00 pm. He finishes up just in time to get ready for bed. He knows this is his chore, and he is resigned to it. :D (Son #1's nightly chore is laundry, including fold and put away in their proper drawers)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

As it is, I'm the one who does the dishes here. :( If I don't, they won't get done. It doesn't take me long anyway. Still, I could use some clay pigeons to shoot my guns in condition! :lol:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

shooting is great exercise .....for the mind. I am always tired after a day at the range. Its much like after we have a training session with our dogs and they are mentally tired. Oh and your finger gets a workout too :lol:
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Nettle wrote:About eating slowly (being part wolf, I don't chew)

I once had a man friend who was the slowest eater ever. It was really embarrassing in restaurants because I would finish a long time before he did.

So I swapped my cutlery and held fork in right hand and knife in left hand. Same system for spoon and fork. (if you eat just with a fork, swap it to your other hand - not so effective without the knife).

Nobody noticed and it slowed me down considerably. :lol:
I can eat using either hand, knife, fork or spoon, which baffles people, the expression on their faces is wonderful, I can also throw a ball with either hand.

Fundog, it is good etiquette to eat with the knife in your right hand and fork in your left, doesn't matter if you are right or left handed. Even now there are times when this is expected. My dad was left handed, he had his left hand tied behind his back to force him to use his right hand to write, this was normal in those days.

These days it is more normal to sit watching the tv when you are eating although a lot of families are trying to bring back eating at the dining table so they can talk to their children. Sitting round a table talking slows your eating up as well but I like my food hot, if I talk it goes cold so I shovel it in. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Fundog wrote:I've got that one solved: dish duty has been permanently assigned to son #2. However, he doesn't have to start on them until 9:00 pm. He finishes up just in time to get ready for bed. He knows this is his chore, and he is resigned to it. :D (Son #1's nightly chore is laundry, including fold and put away in their proper drawers)
I'm an only child, i have to do both. At least i can watch tv while folding and put the clothes away during commercials. :)

jacksdad wrote:shooting is great exercise .....for the mind. I am always tired after a day at the range. Its much like after we have a training session with our dogs and they are mentally tired. Oh and your finger gets a workout too :lol:
I just went to the shooting range a few days ago. Day before that, i went kneeboarding, so my arms were killing me. I did both with my cousins. Nobody wanted to shoot anymore because our arms were hurting so much, but the adults made us finish off the bullets. :( :lol: We fired a pistol (which none of us liked because it was loud and had a bad kick) and two kinds of 22 calibers. I was supposed to go white water rafting after that :shock: , but instead i went home and watched a couple of movies. :D
--dontpugme
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Yeah, shooting's a great upper body workout :D

Forkin, was it you who posted a while back about your dog jumping on you when you got down on the floor? Well, some personal trainer I have: as soon as I get out my yoga mat Charley jumps up on the couch for a nap :lol:
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

Sabrina wrote:Yeah, shooting's a great upper body workout :D

Forkin, was it you who posted a while back about your dog jumping on you when you got down on the floor? Well, some personal trainer I have: as soon as I get out my yoga mat Charley jumps up on the couch for a nap :lol:

Yessss I just tried doing some pushups on the floor while watching TV.. Cadence WAS sleeping soundly on the floor about 10 ft away so I tried to slowwwwly get on the ground not making any noise, so I do two and *WHACK* I head-butted her chin!! Didn't even notice she creeped over to me and was basically read to be on top of me :lol: Needless to say I have a bit of a headache and a little bump on my head!! Maybe one day she can lay on my back and I can do pushups with 60 lbs of dog on me :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Jacksdad, how's your headache? I've done that too with Karma! Dogs sure can be "sneaky" like cats, can they! :lol:

Someday, I hope to be able to do push ups with Karma on my back, too! Right now, she weighs 89 pounds (she lost 4 pounds which is good news), however, I don't think I'm ready for even 60 pounds yet! :(
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Jacksdad, how's your headache? (
lol did you mean me where you typed jacksdad? :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Sorry, yes I meant you Forkin14, not Jacksdad! :oops: I think when I keyed my last post, my brain went on vacation, and I'm using my twin's super-ego brain! :lol: Why not? She's not using it! :lol: