need a little cheering up!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

**liz**

need a little cheering up!!

Post by **liz** »

Please sheer me up, i have had a really tiring day looking after a friends child of 18 months aswell as my own 3 and a dog! i feel so tired and wound up at the mo! Let me tell you about my afternoon! (if you dont mind that is!)
I decided to walk my daughter to her rainbows meet tonight which is about 1/2 a mile away! my husband is working late tonight so i thought i would take riley with us so he gets his walk to! he is a bit of a pain on a walk, he pulls alot and he is very strong, so sometimes i have to pull him back!
When i got to the village hall where lucy's meet is, i walked round the side of the building to put a bag of poo in the bin and riley tangled himself around my legs, i lost my balance and stood ACCIDENTLY on his paw! he made a huge yelp (as i would if i was him!) and a man shouted at me saying i was hurting my dog and he rolled his eyes at me and walked off!!! i shouted after him that it was an accident that i stood on him and he carried on walking! he made me feel like a monster, and that i was a bad dog owner!!! i was feelin bad enough that i had hurt my boy!!
i feel really upset now, i know i should just ignore it but it will now play on my mind! :( :( :(

sorry for the moan but i am feeling a little sorry for myself!
thanks for listening!!
xxx
Mattie

Re: need a little cheering up!!

Post by Mattie »

Hugs.

If you weren't so tired and had had a good day, would you be feeling the same? :D That man was ignorant, ignore him and open a bottle of wine instead, not forgetting the chocolates. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
**liz**

Post by **liz** »

thanks mattie!!!
i think the tiredness is playing a good part in me feeling so bad, but i would of felt bad anyway as i really did hurt him and he made an almighty yelp :(

i think i am going to have an early night and watch some tv in bed! i might take a glass of wine up with me as i have half a bottle in the fridge but i dont have any choc!!!! never mind!

thanks again mattie for taking the time to read my post!!
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I bet Riley has forgiven you Liz, yes it hurt him, but the pain soon goes. Have your early night, you deserve it but don't forget to have some wine first. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
**liz**

Post by **liz** »

oh i certainly wont forget the wine Mattie!!! :lol:

thanks!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I'm sure we have all stood on a dog's paw a time or three. It's part of the initiation ceremony.

So is wine and chocolate cake :wink:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I'm so sorry to hear about your day, Liz! I think we've stepped on our dogs' paws a few times and we didn't mean to do it either! Your dog forgives you; it knows you didn't mean to hurt him!

As Mattie has suggested, have some wine, chocolates, a nice long soak in the tub, and just relax! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
**liz**

Post by **liz** »

thanks all!!!

i am feeling alot happier today! sorry for feeling so sorry for myself!!!
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Sometimes we have to reach the bottom before we can bounce back much stronger, I did that many times when I was looking after my husband. Another thing I found, if I didn't bounce back I went into depression so making the effort to bounce back was worth it but extremely hard but got easier each time I did it.

Life can be very hard at times, even harder if there is nobody you can talk to which I never had, once I got a computer and made internet friends, it changed my life, I had someone to talk to. Don't be sorry for telling us of your bad day, far better to tell than bottle it up. :D
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I had a bus full of people giving me dirty looks once. Rupe knocked me down the stairs barging past me and I landed partly on him which made him scream as though I were murdering him. I bruised my tail bone so badly I literally couldn't sit down for 2 weeks, he was fine and seemed to have forgotten all about it by the time we got home.

Glad you're feeling happier today :)
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

These poor puppies have been stepped on, tails squished in the door, paws stuck under the door jamb. Poor babies. I feel awful for it, but I swear they gang up on me and one them decides to take one for the team so they can trip me up.
angel894

Post by angel894 »

We were at the dog park today and a little rat terrier came up behind me and I accidentally stepped on his paw. It happens. We don't mean for it to happen, but it does. Not your fault!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I think I am doing really well with Ellie - I have only stepped on her paw once, and she INSISTS on lying in doorways or at teh top of the stairs (thats where she feels safer).

Hopefully the risk is even lower now shes willingly getting herself up on the sofa, out of my clumsy way!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Just how many bad days can one person have? (Please don't answer that rhetorical question!)

Yesterday, I was shopping for one of those long leads for Karma at Pet Smart. I brought Karma into the store with me, because I do let her pick a toy she likes as a reward for being "a good girl." :D I knew Karma was laying with her tail stretched outward behind me, but I had forgotten she was there. Needless to say, I stepped back, felt something under my feet, and then I heard this loud, high-pitched howl! :(
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

A cat story not a dog story, but you may like :wink:

I used to part-time on a scruffy little farm which had an old tabby cat. He was a nice old boy but going senile, and part of his senility was that he would follow you around and yowl all the time, which was a bit vexing when you were trying to get the work done.

One day I was washing up at the old stone sink, and the cat was beside me yowling his head off. I was tetchy and ignored him for quite some time until I looked down and saw I was standing on his tail.

With my big tackety boots I hadn't felt it.

Oops. :oops: Yes I did make it up to him!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS