Can only view some pics

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

***Melissa***

Can only view some pics

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Sorry, not a doggy question, but my prob is really spoiling my fun on the forum :(

For some reason I can only view some pics, others are shown as a box with a x. This has been the case for a few days now.

I'm really really really stupid when it comes to computers :oops: , so I was wondering if anyone maybe have an idea as to what the problem can be...is it my laptop, or some settings somewhere?
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Mattie

Re: Can only view some pics

Post by Mattie »

Try right clicking on the red x then click on "Show Picture", before I was on broadband I sometimes had to do this for pictures especially if there were a lot of them.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Aww, it's not working :( What's funny though is that I can't even see your 'pixie with attitude' pic anymore, but could see Cadence and Murphy's photo's, which are much larger.
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Thats odd.. I can see piccies ...

Delete your cached files and try again, your computer is looking in a place the pictures arent.. so its looking er at an old location or something geeky like that (a real geek will undoubtedly come and explain properly....).
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

I'd like to help, but a little info would be good.

What operating system are you using... Win 2000, WinXP, Linus, etc.?
I've seen the look in dogs eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.
--John Steinbeck
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Of course I meant Linux, not Linus LOL

Here's a google search for the dreaded red X

http://www.google.com/search?client=fir ... gle+Search
--John Steinbeck
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Once again Emma offers the the place to start. Deleting your temporary internet cache files and cookies is always a safe place to start with a problem like this. Particularly if things were "working yesterday, but not today". Then try viewing the web site again.

If your not sure how to delete your temp internet files and cookies, please let us know if you are running Windows or Mac, or even Linux. And what web browser are you using. Internet Explorer (windows default) or Firefox, or something else.

Why this is the place to start is when you view a web page, you actually download most and sometimes all of the web page to your computer (hence the need for the temp internet files folder) and you actually view it on your PC. If you revisit a site your temp files get updated with the changes. sometimes this does not go as planed and pages do not update and then look wrong until you clear your "local cache" (technical term for you :wink: )
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Ok, I'm officially feeling like a total idiot... :lol:
emmabeth wrote:Thats odd.. I can see piccies ...

Delete your cached files and try again, your computer is looking in a place the pictures arent.. so its looking er at an old location or something geeky like that (a real geek will undoubtedly come and explain properly....).
I don't know how to delete cached files, or even where to look for them
Gumby wrote:I'd like to help, but a little info would be good.

What operating system are you using... Win 2000, WinXP, Linus, etc.?
It's Windows, I don't think it's XP, so then it must be the 2000 one? (I don't know where to look to see whether it's XP or 2000 or what)
jacksdad wrote:Once again Emma offers the the place to start. Deleting your temporary internet cache files and cookies is always a safe place to start with a problem like this. Particularly if things were "working yesterday, but not today". Then try viewing the web site again.

If your not sure how to delete your temp internet files and cookies, please let us know if you are running Windows or Mac, or even Linux. And what web browser are you using. Internet Explorer (windows default) or Firefox, or something else.

Why this is the place to start is when you view a web page, you actually download most and sometimes all of the web page to your computer (hence the need for the temp internet files folder) and you actually view it on your PC. If you revisit a site your temp files get updated with the changes. sometimes this does not go as planed and pages do not update and then look wrong until you clear your "local cache" (technical term for you :wink: )
Cookies? ....I ususally have some with my tea, but I'm guessing that's not the cookies you're referring to :lol:

I'm using Internet Explorer. Can't download Firefox b/c of limited internet access.

If this is too difficult, I'll just learn to live with not seeing piccies.
You have my permission to laugh, as much as you want, at my VERY restricted IT knowledge :lol:
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I am the same Melissa, I haven't a clue about files, cookies etc because I am too busy talking to go and look. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

This gives a pretty good description of deleting cache...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6 ... cache.mspx
--John Steinbeck
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Gumby - that is a very good link, even I understood what I must do :lol:

Anyway, I deleted the cache, cookies and whatnot, but still can't view the piccies :(