Midnight is adopted!!!!!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Monkey

Midnight is adopted!!!!!!

Post by Monkey »

I can not explain how happy I am..

They are serious, wonderfull, I could even be honest about his downsides and fears.. They fully understood, Angelas friend (I am bad with named and too excited) is helping with shelter dogs. And they had no problems bonding with him, they cuddled and played and had him sit and down and catch.. he loved them... He even let angela rub his belly and rolled over for her and THAT is not the most common thing for him.

They were fantastic with him, everything is as it seemed and I am so happy I am crying. Thank God though, she's only 1,5 hours away about, so she is coming back next saturday for him to be more used to her. Which is so sweet.

I told her that he had the fanclub here, and I told her she had to sign up..

She has promised photos and updates, and I am so happy..

Paula was telling me to keep his bad sides a bit hidden, which I suck at, cause if they don't know I would never be able to be comfortable. And they had knowledge and experience with such dogs it was heaven for me. It was the biggest relive.. She loved him and he loved her.. He played tugged and listened to her so good..

I AM THRILLED MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The problem is in the other end of the leash!
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Congrats. I am so happy for you the new owners but ecstatic for Midnight. I do not agree with the whole hiding behaviors and problems though because that can be quite dangerous. You did the right thing about being honest and I am happy that these people are still willing to adopt him despite his problems.

I can't wait for more updates and photos of him in his new photos.

Will you be able to visit them since they are so close?
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
WendyM

Post by WendyM »

I agree with your choice to reveal the whole truth-- and congratulations to Midnight!!

Yes, make them sign up and keep us updated. Force them, bribe them, clicker train them :wink:
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Congratulations. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to work out.
Chloe&Atlas'smom

Post by Chloe&Atlas'smom »

YAY Midnight!!! That is awesome!! Monkey I totally think you did right by being completely honest with them. I can't wait for new pictures I hope she post some soon!!! Is this the lady that you thought was promising the other day? The one who lives in the country and has no kids?
Mattie

Re: Midnight is adopted!!!!!!

Post by Mattie »

I am so pleased for you and Midnight, it is a lovely feeling when you have found the right home. :lol:

Monkey wrote: Paula was telling me to keep his bad sides a bit hidden, which I suck at, cause if they don't know I would never be able to be comfortable. And they had knowledge and experience with such dogs it was heaven for me. It was the biggest relive.. She loved him and he loved her.. He played tugged and listened to her so good..

I AM THRILLED MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been lied to twice by a rescue about 2 of my dogs, they were lucky, I was prepared to ask for help and research different methods, many would have sent them back and they would probably be backwards and forwards to many homes. This is why I like the rescue I work for so much, RDR doesn't lie about the dogs which is why we have 2 that have been in kennels for a long time. It does a lot of damaged for a dog to keep going out and come back again, no dog deserves that.

We owe it to the dogs to be truthful about them so they can find a really good forever home so well done for telling the truth.

You may find that Midnight is a different dog when he goes to them, you started him on the road but there are still issues, when he moves on many of those issues will go. The only thing I can think of for this is when the dog goes to his first foster home they still have bad memories, the foster family work through these and teach the dog that they are loved and safe so when they move on, they have learnt the lesson well and the past has truely gone.

Good luck Midnight in your forever home. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

WONDERFUL!

And of course you had to tell his new person the truth rather than let them find out the hard way.

Great job done there, Monkey.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS