Fingers crossed, possible home for Midnight!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Monkey

Fingers crossed, possible home for Midnight!

Post by Monkey »

So this rescue have finally stood up to help me and Midnight with their connections.. They have posted adds, crossposted etc over the whole country basically prepared to put up a rescue chain if someone good showed up far away.. Esp since we wanted him out to the countryside..

They did get a bunch of apps in, some good, some less good (example one family with a two year old, a five year old, and one one year old great dane male on top of that unfixed), I don't doubt the love, cause they paid 1500 for the Great dane, and they left their vet as a reference but when it says the dog is bad with kids (not as in biting, but as in running over and he has some resource guarding around food), and you have a house full and two toddlers basically... I can't see why they would bring in such a tough nut as Midnight...

Anyhow........

One woman who answered checked on all the things we had listed..

She lives in CT, so it's not tremendously far, she has had rottie before, he died of bone cancer, but she not only give him all the normal treatment, she even took him for acupuncture to help relive his pain.. basically she poured money on the dog and her vet confirmed.. All her references checked out, including her landlord they share a big two family house and have a yard on AN ACRE!!!!! they live in a quieter a little bit more remote area, she is single, no kids, no intentions of getting any, the dogs are her kids, she wants to take CGC which I belive Midnight can manage he just needs another year or so with tons of training. She belives in positive reinforcement and do not mind his quirks. She is already settled on him without even have meet him, on top of that she loves to have them on the couch and bed which he prefers too, he is SO calm when he gets to sleep with you. He is a big velcro dog.. On top of that, she is only gone 4-6 hours from the home when she is working, and she is taking a week off to introduce Midnight to her area properly so he has a chance to settle in before she leaves longer time..

She is SO conciderate, mature, responsible.. It really sounds like the dream home!!!!!!! Finally this guy will get the chance he deserves..

I am happy, sad, full of bittersweet, Ill miss him, but I am also so happy for the chance he will get to have a NORMAL, HEALTHY doggy life..
Being loved, spoiled, pampered.. He'll go nuts :D

so please keep fingers crossed that she is everything she says she is and that Midnight has found his forever home..

If things work out this saturday, in two weeks we will drop him off, and I will document all in photos...

*is happy sad monkey*
The problem is in the other end of the leash!
WendyM

Post by WendyM »

Oooh, keep us updated. She sounds like a good match.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Everything crossed for you and Midnight :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

That is wonderful news, I hope it all works out. :D

You can get her to join here to get any advice she needs. :wink:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Chloe&Atlas'smom

Post by Chloe&Atlas'smom »

I am so happy!! I hope it works out Midnight deserves the best and it sounds like she would love and spoil him to bits!!! YAY!!! Good luck!!
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

I hope things work out too. Good luck midnight and make a good first impression :wink:

Let her know about the forum as I know I would be happy to offer any help I can.