dose anyone else volenteer for a rescue a love it

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

dose anyone else volenteer for a rescue a love it

Post by master2 »

Hi all

I have recently started volunteering for the GSD rescue as well as already Volunteering for the RSPCA and lab rescue and I just love walking rescue dogs and with me looking after different breeds it also helps me with getting to know different breeds and matching the breed that is right for me. after looking after the labs I know there not right for me and after being so obsessed with the German shepherd the past 3 months I have fostered 4 and have decided after looking after 4 different adult shepherds I know they are not for me and am glad I did not get one now. this what I love about volunteering I get to know the breeds. at the moment I am fostering a Doberman for my local RSPCA and he is a dream I would love to adopt but am not ready yet but have decided to volunteer for a Dobe rescue when he dose get rehomed I have had him for 2 weeks and I love him and rather weird how he was easier than the shepherd as I thought he would have been harder. I really want to get to know the Dobe more and will lookforward to fostering more.

anyone else foster or adopt?
ckranz

Re: dose anyone else volenteer for a rescue a love it

Post by ckranz »

I volunteer at our local shelter working with dogs that have behavior challenges. Its extremely rewarding, especially when they go to a forever home.