You know you are a dog geek when..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Re: You know you are a dog geek when..

Post by bendog »

When you feel like all your christmasses have come at once because you found a guy who is willing to give me free/cheap rabbits and pheasants for the dogs and ferrets :mrgreen:
marie estey

Post by marie estey »

Ben I know that feeling

That moment when you open the fridge and remember no you don't have leftovers that pot of food is full of dog food.

While at work you tell inanimate objects to sit and wait. (Seriously the trash isn't going to walk itself)

I've come to think my coworkers think I'm crazy when I'm in the middle of something and they go to ask me something I lift a finger and say ahah and they freeze to give me an odd look. (Ahah is our quiet cue or a simple shh)
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

when you're trying to choose a new carpet for the living room and you decide that getting one that looks a bit grubby already is a good idea.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

.... When you are sitting on the sofa in the home of people you just met, and are happily discussing poo, testicles and willies (all dog, obviously!) with them without even the first hint of embarrassment!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
bendog

Post by bendog »

When you get a delivery in a box and get more excited about the box being a "good" shape to hide treats in, rather than the actual contents....
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

bendog wrote:When you get a delivery in a box and get more excited about the box being a "good" shape to hide treats in, rather than the actual contents....
Guilty. :lol:

Or when you consider taking the empty toilet rolls home from the office to stuff with treats because your own household only goes through one or two a week... Haven't been able to bring myself to it yet!
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

You see your dog hunting down a smell and realise he's too small to get his nose to it, so you lift him up so he can smell the bird poo :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

when you realize your frustration with your management is because you are subconsciously doing behavior analysis on them and their decisions.
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

ClareMarsh wrote:You see your dog hunting down a smell and realise he's too small to get his nose to it, so you lift him up so he can smell the bird poo :lol:
My fave so far!!! :lol:
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Sweetie's Human wrote:
bendog wrote:When you get a delivery in a box and get more excited about the box being a "good" shape to hide treats in, rather than the actual contents....
Guilty. :lol:

Or when you consider taking the empty toilet rolls home from the office to stuff with treats because your own household only goes through one or two a week... Haven't been able to bring myself to it yet!
I do it!!! My colleagues keep leaving boxes on my desk with notes like "for the pooch" hehe :D teabag boxes are good, loo roll tubes and choc finger boxes :lol:
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Ha ha! I totally relate to the vast majority of these posts :P

You know those novelty personality quizzes that circulate FaceBook ("What StarTrek Captain are you?" &etc)? I take them first for myself... and then retake the quiz, answering each question according to how I image Charley would answer...

On the "What Dog Breed are you?" quiz - Charley got "Lab". Thought that was amusing!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When you see a woman pushing a child in a buggy, with a dog on lead, your DS's GF says 'There's my cousin with Hattie,' and you automatically assume that Hattie is the dog (and then wonder why your dog snarks at her as if she was a male, when she actually is a male).
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

You know exactly what your dog would sound like if he could talk, and exactly what he would say - and often have long conversations with him out loud where you speak for him, in his accent. Which can prove embarrassing when you turn a corner and bump into someone.

Please say this isn't just me? ['Mummy, I think it is just you, you know,' says Jasper, in the voice of a five-year-old boy with laryngitis :oops: ]
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Perfectly normal, JudyN, perfectly normal.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

You can look at any poop in the park and tell immediately if it came from one of your dogs