Random Update

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

abbyneo

Random Update

Post by abbyneo »

Hi all! I just thought that I'd let you know I'm still lurking around the board but I haven't been posting too much.

We've been volunteering with the Rhodesian Ridgeback rescue organization that helped us rehome Neo. I'm doing a home visit for them this weekend and right now there is an adorable 3 month old Ridgeback pup sleeping on the floor (just fostering for 1 night, I promise!). It feels good to help out an org that helped us when we needed it so badly, and it's also a good reminder that I never want another puppy...haha!
Ari_RR

Re: Random Update

Post by Ari_RR »

Good to hear from you! Those RR puppies, they do have magic power, don't they? :wink:
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

rachel540

Post by rachel540 »

Awwwwww!!!! :D How can you resist! Although borrowing a puppy is much better - its like being an Auntie, you get to give them back at the end of the day after having all the fun hehe :lol: Just gorgeous!
Pictures of Pepper viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14364
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

Definitely! I gave him a big kiss this morning and wished him luck, but I won't miss the biting this evening! He had giant knuckles and GIANT feet. The picture doesn't really do him justice- I haven't seen feet that size on a 3-month old RR pup ever. I can't imagine how big he's going to get.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I'm not sure those front legs even belong to him :shock:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

JudyN wrote:I'm not sure those front legs even belong to him :shock:
On the information the previous owner gave me from the breeder, it said "Big Male #1" haha...
gwd

Post by gwd »

abbyneo wrote:
JudyN wrote:I'm not sure those front legs even belong to him :shock:
On the information the previous owner gave me from the breeder, it said "Big Male #1" haha...
just curious, but why is this boy in rescue? firstly, he cant have been in his new home for more than a few weeks..... why is he not going back to th breeder?
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

I honestly don't know his story. The rescue asked me to pick him up since he lived near my home. When I met with the surrendering owner, it was a college kid and his mom. From what I understand the kid (I say kid, but he was 18, 19) got the puppy then decided to go away to college, and the mom wasn't willing to take care of a rowdy puppy. I don't know why he didn't go back to the breeder-perhaps the breeder was a shady character, or some other circumstance. They had only had him for 5 weeks, which would have made him about 6 weeks old when they brought him home.