LAPD shoots rottie

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OnceInAWeil

Re: LAPD shoots rottie

Post by OnceInAWeil »

When our police carry deadly weapons, I believe their training SHOULD be spectacular and broad. It upsets me that officers, who in our society are bound to come into proximity with pets of the public, have little to NO training on how to interact or deal with them.

My Tony would react VERY similarly to how this rottie reacted. Mind you, I would NOT be walking my dog around such a scene, and if I needed to put him in the car I would make sure he could NOT get out. But for them to not use pepper spray, and shoot the dog not only one but FOUR times...and with horrid aim, at that. The poor dog was writhing. :(

I agree that the owner is ultimately responsible and was being an idiot, but I also think our police should have better training and that this should NOT have been handled the way it was.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

OnceInAWeil wrote:...... I also think our police should have better training ..
I agree, and I know officers that would also agree 1000%. it's all a matter of time and resources. first thing to get cut when tax receipts are down... the extra training.
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

Its never pretty to watch, but very often the 'writhing' you see isn't pain or non fatal wounding but merely nerves and muscles flexing. I would reckon poor Max was gone from this earth virtually instantaneously. That's probably the only good news in the whole rotten story.