Lot's of life changes!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

forkin14

Lot's of life changes!

Post by forkin14 »

so it has been a VERY long time since I've been on here..

Last time I was here, I was writing saying how I no longer had any contact with Cadence and was not able to see her. Well, I was going to get her back, but unfortunately, I totaled my car in January and have been rehabbing ever since so that did not work out. I eventually just told Chris she can be his since he had been bonding with her (he has since moved from where we lived together) and she is acclimated to her new home (she didn't do well with moving and changing homes) as long as he keeps me updated on things with her, if there are any problems, and to just let me know how she is doing time to time and he better keep up with training. So far she is doing really well! I've since moved out, back to Virginia, and realized it was time for me to get another pup. Been very hectic the past few months but once things calmed down, I adopted Zero about 2 months ago, and couldn't be happier! She's an Australian Cattle dog mix (I'm gonna say cattle dog / rat terrier mix) about 7 months old and is just a big bundle of energy! She's really helping me get back in shape, keeping me motivated to get back outside, and helping me recover (I broke several bones in my left leg from my car accident). So far the only issues we have is housetraining (she's still a pup so nothing major to worry about) and she just gets SUPER excited for other dogs when she greets them. She instantly rolls on her back and most of the time urinates a little. I'm trying to keep the greetings short, just a quick sniff hello and walk away before she gets too excited.

I hope everyone is doing well on here!! I'll be back to coming on more frequently and helping out anybody :D

Mattie

Re: Lot's of life changes!

Post by Mattie »

She is gorgous, and welcome back, sorry about your accident but something like does take strange turns.

For the potty training, don't forget we have viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6125 :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Forkin!!!!

Sorry about the accident and that you ended up losing Cadence, but glad shes doing well and thats a brave decision to leave her be and not subject her to any more moves and upheaval.

Wow isnt Zero cute! Love the name and those ears are AWESOME :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I love the ears too - and the strawberry blonde fur!

Good to hear from you again, Forkin'.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I had quite a shock when I saw the 4th photo down, she looked like Joe but has more tan on her face than him, even the ears are the same.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

I was just the other day wondering what happened to you and a couple other regulars who have gone MIA. good to hear from you.

car accidents are the worst, been in a couple my self. I am glad to hear your healing.

Zero is gorgeous. she is very lucky to have you.

favorite picture, the one of her in the front seat of the car. face says it all.

welcome back.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Glad you're back, Forkin!!!! :D Sorry to hear about the car accident and you lost Cadence in the process! :(

I love the pictures of Zero! :D She is gorgeous, Forkin, and I know you'll be able to get her house-trained soon! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

We missed you, forkin! I'm gonna miss Cadence, too. :( I named one of the dogs in my NaNoWriMo novel I had to do a couple of months ago after her. :lol: (music was a big aspect of the story, so I thought it was a perfect name for the protagonist's pet) Zero is gorgeous!
--dontpugme