Noobs' Son is Born!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Helen2009

Re: Noobs' Son is Born!

Post by Helen2009 »

What a lovely lovely name.. many congratulations :D
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Hey guys!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Here's a link to my facebook profile. The profile is private but if you request me and let me know you're from here I'll add you.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=559215448

To keep this on-topic, I'll just quickly let you all know that introductions went well. We kept Murphy behind a baby gate for the first few minutes and he sniffed and got chicken, sniffed and got chicken, etc. Their first full day together was mostly great. Murphy lay by the changing table when it was time for a diaper change, he was allowed to lie on the opposite side of the couch when all four of us were on it. Any time River started to cry, Murphy would get up and go to the bedroom. We have a very wide doorway between our bedroom and the living room and a baby gate in between, so there was plenty of space between the two if needed. If for any reason we couldn't be 100% present (like if we were sleepy and trying to nap), one of us would hold the baby and one of us would be with Murphy, with baby gate in between. We wanted to make it clear to Murphy that he wouldn't be totally left out because there was a new small smelly noise-making thing in the house. But for the most part Murphy has just been curious, and follows us around when we're walking around with the baby.

One incident happened late in the evening, when L couldn't get River to feed and she was getting flustered because of how upset River was getting. Firstly, Murphy had been in our spare room for a couple of hours because our friends were visiting. The doorbell had rung twice, which always puts him on edge. So late in the evening, I guess Murphy was already a little more alert than usual. So during an attempted feeding, River cried a very distressed cry, L was visibly frustrated, and Murphy, who was on the couch with me in between, stood up and barked at River. I body blocked him with my shoulder, told him to get off the couch, and he went to the bedroom. This of course was very upsetting because Murphy doesn't bark for no reason. We decided our course of action will be to pick the baby up and take him out of the room if he starts to get fussy, because that's the only time Murphy ever bothered to react.

So that's it, in a nutshell. We were able to put baby down to nap in the bassinet for 45 minutes so I snuck to the computer to check things out. I'll be back soon!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Thanks for the update, Noobs! :D Even with the "little gliche", "bump", or whatever you want to call it, I think all of you did good! Hopefully things will smooth out as time comes, but I know you can handle it! :D

Can't wait to see the pictures! :D

Best wishes to all of you! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Actually, I think even if you aren't on facebook you can see the photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 32d31a874c

If not, sorry! :-/
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Noobs wrote:Actually, I think even if you aren't on facebook you can see the photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 32d31a874c

If not, sorry! :-/
It worked without a facebook. :) Thanks! He's dashing :mrgreen:
--dontpugme
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

handsome little feller